For MeesterDavidGitaar guitar arrangements, see the MeesterDavidGitaar website.
– Mozart Lute Song Book
21 Songs by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart arranged for high voice and 10-course lute by Toyohiko Satoh. Introduction by Arthur Ness and David van Ooijen in Japanese and English.
– Dawn to the West
24 traditional and early 20th century Japanese songs arranged for high voice and guitar. All lyrics in Japanese hiragana and transliteration in alphabet under the music.
All music as pdf-files.
– Johann Sebastian Bach – Zweistimmige Inventionen arranged for two Renaissance lutes tuned in g’. Score on two staves with a mixture of treble, tenor and bass clefs.
– Johann Sebastian Bach – the choral Wohl mir, dass ich Jesum habe (nr. 6) or Jesus bleibet meine Freude (nr. 10) from cantata 147 Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben. The piece is also known under its English title Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring. It is simplified, alas, but a seven courses on a lute in Renaissance tuning are enough. Tablature only. Video
– Johann Sebastian Bach – the instrumental introduction to the aria Komm süßes Kreuz from the original 1729 version of the Matthäus Passion (nrs. 56 and 57 for lute in stead of viol!), arranged for 10-course lute. In staff notation and tablature.
– Johann Sebastian Bach – Suite in g-minor BWV995, transposed to c-minor and arranged for 10-course lute from Bach’s autograph dedicated to Jacob Schouster (Bibliothéque Royale, Brussels II.4085). Tablature only.
– Johann Sebastian Bach – the organ piece Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme (BWV 645) arranged for 10-course lute and tenor. The text is taken from cantate 140. Lute part in tablature only.
– Johann Sebastian Bach – Agnus Dei (from the Hohe Messe BWV 232) arranged for lute and alto. Lute part in staff notation only.
– Johann Sebastian Bach – the aria Der Ewigkeit saphirnes Haus (nr. 8 from the Trauerode BWV 198) arranged for lute and tenor. Lute part in staff notation only.
– John Dowland – Semper Dowland Semper Dolens in my own arrangement. French tablature for Renaissance lute.
– John Dowland – Sir Henry Umpton’s Funerall in my own arrangement. French tablature for Renaissance lute.
– Pierre Guédron – Cessez mortels de souspirer in my own arrangement for solo lute. French tablature for Renaissance lute.
– Eight recercares by Diego Ortiz (ca 1510 – ca 1570) from his Tratado de glossas sobre clasusulas y otros generos de puntos en la musica de violones (Roma, 1553), transposed and intabulated for g’-lute. Treble parts in French tablature for g’-lute, accompaniments in figured bass.
– Quando io penso al martire (1,84Mb)
Fifteen different intabulations of this madrigal by Jaques Arcadelt.
– Josquin Des Prez – Missa Pange lingua
Intabulated for 7-course lute.
– Chord Chart for Renaissance Lute
Two shapes for all the major and minor chords, assuming a six-course Renaissance lute tuned in g’.
– James Bond Theme
For 6-course Renaissance lute.
– Star Wars Themes
For 8-course Renaissance lute.
– Twin Peaks Theme
For 11-course Baroque lute.